Subject: Invitation to the 10th European Summit of Regions and Cities
From: "president.cor" <[email-masked]>
To: "RAM Info"
Cc: "O'Curneen Sean" <[email-masked]>, "Renew-Europe" <[email-masked]>, "Balate Francois" <[email-masked]>, "Brookes Nicolas" <[email-masked]>, "presidencycor" <[email-masked]>, "summitmons2024" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 17:17:44 +0200

Dear Minister,

On behalf of the European Committee of the Regions and the Walloon Region
(Belgium), we are pleased to invite you to the
<https://cor.europa.eu/en/summits/2024> 10th European Summit of Regions
and Cities, which will take place on 18th    and 19th March 2024 in Mons,
Belgium, in the context of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the
European Union.

The Summit, the largest gathering of local and regional representatives in
Europe, will be a unique opportunity for cities and regions and their
partners to have their say on the future of Europe. Local and regional
leaders from all over Europe and beyond, will be able to join lively
debates to share their experience and exchange views on common challenges.
The higher level of trust placed in local and regional representatives is
a first step in building common answers.

For its 10th edition, the Summit will take place in the city of Mons, in
the Walloon Region of Belgium.  Located at the very heart of Europe and
within easy reach of Brussels, Mons is a former European capital of
Culture, hosting a vibrant cultural scene with a unique history and
traditions. The Walloon Region, a fully-fledged regional entity with
legislative powers, is fully committed to the European project. It
showcases benefits from the support of the European Union to achieve
territorial, social and economic cohesion, transforming a city and
equipping it for the challenges of the green and digital transition.

The 2024 Summit, which coincides with the 30th anniversary of the European
Committee of the Regions, will be structured around issues at the heart of
local and regional authorities' concerns such as democracy, sustainable
development, the future of Europe and its enlargement, the need to ensure
social, economic and territorial cohesion as well as dealing with the
consequences of the war against Ukraine. Global challenges will be
addressed by bringing together different perspectives from across the
world.

We would like to invite you to our plenary session, " The future of public
investments in Europe's territories, with cohesion policy at the heart:
regions and cities for a fair transition" which will be held on March 18,
2024 from 15.45 until 17.00, in your capacity as Minister of Finance of
the Republic of Estonia.

Your contribution would be the most valuable to enrich our debates and
also contribute significantly to the success of the Summit.

The Summit team ( <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]) will reach out soon to your office and is at
your disposal to provide you with all the details concerning your
intervention in order to facilitate your participation in this summit.

We look forward to welcoming you in Mons.

Yours sincerely,

Vasco Alves Cordeiro

President of the European Committee

of the Regions

Elio Di Rupo

Minister-President

of the Walloon Government

Les informations contenues dans ce message et/ou ses annexes sont
réservées à l'attention et à l'utilisation de leur destinataire et peuvent
être confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, vous
êtes informé que vous l'avez reçu par erreur et que toute utilisation en
est interdite. Dans ce cas, vous êtes prié de le détruire et d'en informer
l'émetteur. The information in this message and/or attachments is intended
solely for the attention and use of the intended recipient and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
are hereby notified that you have received it in error and that any use of
it is prohibited. In such a case, please delete this message and kindly
notify the sender accordingly.